Comment on page
Create an activity
Usually, in school, a regular class discussion always follows with an activity of some sort to test or check if your students really understood what you've just taught them.
In CodeChum, you also have the ability to make your own activity without even needing to manually create your own items!
To create an activity for your students to answer in CodeChum, here are the steps to follow:
- 1.Go to your class' Activities tab. From there, click the Create Activity button. It should show a big popup window.
- 2.Give your activity a name.
- 3.Set when your activity should open and when it will be due. You can also set a time limit on how long your students can only take the activity once they've opened it.
- 4.Select the items you wish to use for this activity. There are three ways to do so:
- Auto-generate items - This will allow you to set an item type and a topic you wish to find items on, and CodeChum will find that type of items for you from their database in just a few seconds.
- Reuse old activities- This will allow you to reuse the items you've used from your previously created activities. This will be very useful if you wish to give out the same kind of activity for different classes.
- Find specific items - This will allow you to manually find your own item or browse through all of CodeChum's pre-made items from the database.
- 5.Once you've selected your items, don't forget to set a perfect score for each of them.
- 6.Finally, if you wish to add customizations to your activity, tick on any of the settings you would like to use in the Additional Settings section.
- 7.Once done, click the Create Activity button. This should show a popup window informing that you've successfully created the activity!
And there you have your own activity! Time to let your students answer and see how they're doing.