Comment on page
Create a class
A class is the first thing you need to have in CodeChum, since it's where you can manage your students, give programming activities, and get automatic feedback on how they are doing with the given activities.
In short, to start using CodeChum, you first have to make a class where your students can join.
To create a class in CodeChum, you only need to follow these steps:
- 1.Login to https://app.codechum.com/ with your Teacher account. This will redirect you to the View All Classes screen.
- 2.Click the Create Class card. This will open a popup window showing you what information we need to make your class.
- 3.Provide a name for your class.
- 4.Select what programming language this class will be associated to. CodeChum currently supports languages in C, C++, C#, Java, Python and HTML/CSS/JS.
- 5.Finally, based on the programming language you selected, select which course you would like the class to be in. There are three ways to do so:
- From my university - you can only use this option if you are from one of our partner universities.
- From Codechum - these are default built-in courses in our app.
- From my own courses - these are courses you used from your previous classes in this programming language.
- 6.You also have the option to customize the courses you've selected.
- 7.Once done, click the green Create Class button. This will show a popup window informing you that you've successfully created your class!
And there you have your very own class! Time to invite your students in.