Comment on page
Although class discussions are essential to learning, practice is also needed for students to fully grasp the concepts based on their own experience. Thus, for students to be able to apply what they've learned and remember it, they have to practice it with code.
In CodeChum, we have just the place where students can practice coding: our Study Area! This is a feature in CodeChum that presents you with tons of practice items to choose from, categorized by topic, that you can answer in your free time for practice purposes.
To practice coding in our Study Area, do the following:
- 2.Navigate on the app sidebar click Study Area. If it's your first time using this feature. This should open a pop-up window asking you to select a specific course to study.
- 3.After you have selected a specific course. You will be redirected to a screen with a list of lesson with topics.
- 4.To answer a practice item, click on any of the listed items. Alternatively, you can choose a random item using the Pick a random item button, which will be selected by our system. This action will open the Answer Activity screen, where you can provide your answer and pass the test cases.CodeChum Study Area interfaceCodeChum Study Area > Answer Task Screen
- 5.If you ever find yourself stuck in a hurdle, don't worry as you have Cody by your side. Just go to the Help Bot tab, click Yes, please, wait a few seconds for a response, and follow Cody's provided tips. If there are still errors in your code, you can request Cody to reevaluate it by clicking the Explain what's wrong with my code again button.
- 6.Once done answering, your score for that item will be reflected in the Study Area. Answer as many items as you can and learn programming at your own pace!
- 7.In addition, you can change the course you are studying for. Just click the pen icon next to your current course name. Then, select your preferred course, and you're good to go. Happy coding!
And that's how you make the most of CodeChum's Study Area